Disaster Alert (Pacific Disaster Center’s World Disaster Alerts)
Disaster Alert (by Pacific Disaster Center) provides a listing and an interactive map of Active Hazards occurring around the globe. Additional information and reports about hazards can be viewed and shared.
The term "Active Hazards" refers to a collection of current and real-time incidents (compiled from authoritative sources) which have been designated "potentially hazardous to people, property, or assets" by the PDC DisasterAWARE™ application.
The application is a free download.
PDC Active Hazards currently includes:
- Global events (Observational Sources): Hurricane/Tropical Cyclone, Drought, Earthquake, Tsunami, Volcano. Major events (News Sources): Floods, Manmade, Marine, Storms, Wildfires.
- Hawaii Only (Observational Sources): National Weather Service High Surf, High Wind, Flood.
Other hazards will be added over time.
Application features include:
√ View Active Hazards on an interactive map or in the Alert list
√ Push notifications option
√ Choose background map
√ Get "more info" (and situational reports) for most Active Hazards
√ Receive automatic updates every five minutes
Compatible with iPhone, iPad, iTouch (iOS 4+)
- Version: 2.5
- Created by: Pacific Disaster Center
- Sold by: Disaster Alert Network LLC
- Released: July 15, 2010
- File Size: 2 MB
- Minor bug fixes for push notifications and alerts.